The nation has been ripped by the storm of illegal immigration. California tops the list of state with highest number of illegal immigrants. Certainly, not an accomplishment that one can be proud of. A lot is at stake on how the public policies are framed to address the issue that is at hand. A brief user friendly report has been put forward by the Public Policy Institute of California (PPIC). This report puts out facts that we know about illegal immigration in California.
A new PPIC series has been started with the view to provide accurate and helpful information on issues concerning illegal immigration. The first edition of the series makes effort to provide answer to the following questions: how many illegal immigrants are there among the workers that are there in California? How many of these illegal immigrants have become parents while residing in United States? What Californians feel about the illegal immigrants?
Some crucial findings:
- Nearly 7% residents of California are illegal immigrants
- More than half of Californians, nearly 60% want illegal immigrants should be given work permits.
- Only 4% of people working in United States are illegal immigrants – which is almost half to 7% that are working in California.
- According to a finding, the number of illegal immigrants coming to the country is more than the number of legal immigrants.
- Only a small percentage of Californian residents (9%) say that illegal immigrants are a problem for the state. This percentage of people varies in different regions, with 47% Californian residents disliking illegal immigrants.
- The overall effect on fiscal due to immigrants living illegally has not been determined reliably yet.
- The topic of illegal immigrants is being talked about by everyone. However, studies have shown that the effect on employment and wages has been miniscule because of them.
- Illegal immigrants are usually paid low wages and because of this reason high tax revenue is not generated by them.
- There are a number of illegal immigrants who never collect benefits even though they regularly pay social security taxes.
It is essential to immigrate to any country in a legal manner to reap all the benefits of living in that country. WWICS will help you realize your dream to immigrate in a legal manner.
You can put forward your queries for preparing your Canada visa application file to WWICS complaints cell. You can know about the reputation and the quality of work done here by reading the feedbacks given in WWICS review section.